I can’t believe the first kiss of autumn is here with a tiny splash of bright yellow peeping out among the green leaves fluttering outside the window. I’m savoring the first cool, misty morning – knowing that there will likely be several scorching afternoons before fall truly sets in.
Nothing says the seasons have changed more than the food we eat and the clothes we wear. For me, autumn means more baking and simmering as the refreshment of summery dishes gives way to delicacies meant to warm us after a chilly winter day.
Thus, how roasted vegetables made their way into my oven this week.
And as for how essential oils snuck their way in…
If you’re a regular here at Mama Dweeb, you may have caught on by now that I have been love, love loving essential oils – and have been using them for almost everything.
So when I heard I could use them in my cooking, my inner foodie was ALL IN.
And just in time to enjoy roasted veggies to compliment the first taste of autumn weather.
Trusting my culinary instincts, I reached for rosemary and lemon essential oils – and let me tell you, these oils just do not disappoint! The little nuggets of health were delightfully full of flavor.
I highly encourage you to try this veggie-licious yumminess at home, with one note. Please exercise safety and good judgment anytime you put any new food or supplement – including essential oils – in your body. Only use very high quality essential oils that are free of solvents, chemicals or additives. To find out more about where I get my favorite, amazing oils, contact me here!
- 4-6 cups veggies of your choice
- 3 Tbs olive, coconut or sunflower oil
- 2-4 drops quality lemon essential oil
- 2-4 drops quality rosemary essential oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Clean and chop veggies into bite sized pieces.
- Spread a thin layer of oil along the bottom and sides of a 9x13 or larger glass baking dish.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add the cooking oil then drop in the essential oils and whisk to distribute the essential oils evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining spices into the oil mixture and whisk again. Drizzle the oils and spices over the veggies and stir until evenly coated.
- Roast at 400°F for 25-35 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your veggies, stirring every 10 minutes.
- For my veggies, I used golden baby potatoes from the garden, carrots, purple onion, oriental eggplant and small zucchinis. Mushrooms would be a delicious addition to this medley or feel free to create your own combinations.
- Only use high-quality essential oils with no solvents or additives. Please contact me to find out about my favorite brand of oils to use!
- Other essential oils can be used according to your preference, such as basil, clove, cassia, coriander, ginger, marjoram, cinnamon, oregano, peppermint or thyme.
- You may choose to cover the veggies with foil if you prefer more moisture and softer veggies.