I created a super easy and tasty casserole! I am so proud of myself because I do not do this very often. This takes the deliciousness of enchiladas and pairs it with the comforting and filling feeling of pasta casserole. If you make it let me know what you think!
1 pkg pork chops
1 large can enchilada sauce
1 pkg shredded cheese (your favorite kind. I used sharp cheddar)
1 can red kidney beans in chili sauce
1/2 pkg whole wheat penne pasta
- Cook pork chops in the enchilada sauce a slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- When pork is fully cooked, boil penne pasta.
- Cut/shred pork
- When noodles are fully cooked, combine with pork, sauce, and beans in a casserole dish.
- Cover with shredded cheese
- Cover with foil and cook at 350 for 45 minutes or until cheese is bubbly
- Optional, serve with a dollop of sour cream
I made up this recipe, but you can find a ton more easy pork recipes on the KS Pork Association web site. Sign up for their e-newsletter (which has coupons in it) and you are entered to win a Weber propane Grill! (ad)