These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are dairy-free and paleo. They are lots of fun to make with the kids too!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are paleo because they are made with unprocessed, whole ingredients. There is nothing about these cookies that you’ll feel bad feeding to your kids!
In fact, they are packed with protein and fiber so they can even enjoy a cookie or two for breakfast.
What’s In Gluten-Free Cookies?
Here is what I used in my gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies. All of the exact ingredient amounts and the instructions are in the printable recipe card just a little further below.
- Coconut Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Peanut Butter
- Rolled Oats
- Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Video
Here’s a short video of the entire process.
How To Make Paleo Cookies For Kids
Here’s some helpful tips for making the cookies, along with my step-by-step pictures.
I used two bowls to make the entire process easier. In one bowl I mixed the coconut oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and baking soda.
Then, I added that to the other bowl that had the oatmeal, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts.
After you mix it all up, you are ready to start putting the cookies on the baking sheet. This is the part where the kiddos can help out!
Take my advice and line the baking sheet with parchment paper first. This will prevent them from sticking to the baking sheet.
Then, roll them in small balls and place them on the sheet. They will flatten as they bake.
Then you are ready to bake them! Bake them at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes.
Let them cool on a rack or paper towel. They will be very soft at first – this is normal. They will firm up as they cool. They are very soft cookies and melt in your mouth!
This recipe is another example of gluten and diary free dishes that are palatable and attractive to even the least health-conscious consumers. No one will miss a thing with these soft but delightfully dense chocolaty cookies.
Do yourself a favor and enjoy this super easy, incredibly tasty treat today!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Here is the printable recipe card! Print it out, but don’t forget to pin this post so you can find it later.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 8 oz dairy-free dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a mixer, combine softened coconut oil and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and baking soda and mix well.
- Add peanut butter and mix.
- Stir in oats and chopped nuts (if desired).
- Place teaspoon-sized balls of dough, spaced about 2 inches apart, on a cookie sheet lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Carefully transfer to a paper towel or other appropriate surface to cool. The cookies firm up as they cool, so be gentle with this step as they can easily break apart.
- GFDF Baking Tips: As with any gluten-free, dairy-free recipe, read the labels carefully. Remember most oats are processed on equipment shared with wheat products and look for packaging that specifically notes that the oats are gluten-free.
- Do your research to find out which brands of baking soda are gluten-free and chocolate can be tricky too.
- If you can’t find dairy-free dark chocolate chips, purchase a high-quality dairy-free dark chocolate bar and use it to make your own morsels.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g
More Dessert Recipes
Want to keep baking? Here are some more really fun and easy desserts you can make next!