Rushing out the door in the morning doesn’t have to mean you eat a high carb and low protein snack. This healthy breakfast idea with eggs is perfectly portable and insanely delicious!
I am constantly searching for new ways to eat my eggs. Our free range chickens are starting to lay a lot more eggs now that it is warming up. This quick & healthy egg cup recipe is packed with protein. It can also be gluten free if you eat it with gluten-free toast. The cheese provides calcium and the hashbrowns make it filling.
They only take about 15 minutes in the oven to bake. Now if you are pressed for time in the mornings (hello fellow night-owls. I see you there) you can fry up the hashbrowns the night before and put them in the fridge. And don’t forget to add your favorite spice to the cup. If ya like it hot, drop a bit of Tabasco in. I actually adore garlic powder and sea salt in mine.
Egg Cups Recipe Shopping List
For this recipe, you really only need ingredients you already have on hand!
The toast is optional. I love whole grain toast in the mornings. The fiber is amazing!
How Do You Cook Eggs In A Microwave?
Another time-saving idea is to make your eggs in the microwave. It’s simple! Just coat a cup with non-stick spray. Beat 2 eggs in the cup and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir the eggs once. Then microwave for another 45 seconds. That’s it! I love adding shredded cheese to my cup of eggs for more protein and flavor.
Egg Muffin Cups Recipe
You will never believe how easy these are to make! You can make these baked egg cups the night before and just reheat them the next morning.
Easy Egg Cups Recipe
- 1 bag Shredded Hasbrowns
- Eggs (one per cup)
- Cheddar cheese (amount up to you. How cheesy do you like it?)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fry up the shredded hashbrown according to the directions on the packaging.
- Once that is fried up mix a little bit of cheese into it.
- Grab a cupcake pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill the cupcake spot up half way with the hashbrown/cheese mix.
- Crack one egg on top of each cupcake spot.
- Place in oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes.
- Keep watch after 10 to make sure the egg is cooked but not over done. This should give you some dippy yolk.
- If you want to make sure the egg is cooked hard and no dippy yoke. , place on broil for a minute or two. Then once cooked let cool a minute or so and take out of pan and enjoy.
Want More Breakfast Ideas?
Here are some of my favorite breakfast recipes that I’ve made!
From left to right: