This super simple, yet dynamic pasta dish combines several of my favorite Mediterranean flavors: basil, garlic, feta and tomatoes. Several options enable you to tailor this entrée to suit your taste and preferences.
Whether you serve it chilled on a hot summer day, or warm for a cozy dinner this delectable dish leaves nothing to be desired.
- 1 package farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 small (6-8oz) jar of basil pesto
- ½ cup authentic Greek or Italian salad dressing*
- 8oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1.5 pounds diced grilled chicken breast*
- 2 cups fresh, diced tomatoes*
- Boil pasta until al dente and drain.
- Stir together the pesto and Greek dressing in a bowl.
- To serve warm, stir in the pesto dressing mixture, diced tomatoes, fresh grilled chicken and half the feta cheese. Garnish the top of the dish with the remaining feta and enjoy!!
- To serve cool, stir in the pesto dressing mixture and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Freshen with a few extra tablespoons of Greek dressing and stir in feta, chilled chicken and tomatoes.
- Marinade the chicken breasts for several hours or overnight in olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper and crushed basil leaves.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs may also be substituted for the chicken breasts.
- Virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar with your choice of Mediterranean herbs and seasonings can be substituted for the salad dressing.
- Sundried tomatoes can be substituted for fresh tomatoes to add even more flavor.