Bursting with irresistible flavor, this incredible Asian-inspired shredded salad is one of my favorite creations. I crafted this coleslaw-of-sorts out of a desire to increase my intake of power-packed veggies like kale, cabbage, carrots, sprouts and broccoli while tantalizing my senses and avoiding processed additives.
I don’t know about you, but I rely on scrumptious, seductive ways to persuade myself into ingesting the large volumes of bulk fiber and raw veggies recommended for optimum health, wellbeing and nutrition.
Ingredients like cilantro, sesame, ginger and lime juice accented with bursts of golden raisin sweetness and salted roasted almond crunchiness certainly satisfy my inner foodie, while enticing me to feast on pure nutritional goodness. Delicacies such as these prove that artificial flavor-enhancers are completely unnecessary when enjoying pure, wholesome delicious fresh food.
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups broccoli slaw or shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups golden raisins
- 1.5 cups raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup dry roasted whole salted almonds
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups diced grilled Asian chicken, optional
Toasted Sesame Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s raw apple cider vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or sugar-free sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Clean, shred, and chop veggies.
- Toss together prepared cabbage, kale, carrots, sprouts, green onions, raisins, slivered almonds, cilantro, and mandarin oranges.
- To make the dressing, whisk together vinegar, toasted sesame seed oil, olive oil, liquid aminos, lime juice, raw honey, garlic, ginger, and sea salt.
- Pour the sesame dressing over the shredded kale slaw salad and toss until well coated.
- Top with whole dry roasted almonds and chopped grilled chicken (if desired) and indulge your inner foodie as you eat your heart out.
If you want to add chicken to the salad, use the grilled Asian chicken recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 1167mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 8gSugar: 33gProtein: 22g
More Salad Recipes
Here are a few more of my favorite salad recipes for you to try!