This post is part of an ongoing series with Children’s Mercy Hospital. All opinions are 100% my own.
Springtime is exactly the perfect season to begin making summer plans. Summer camps are accept registrations! This post is specifically for parents that live near Kansas City – so please pass this along if you know someone there.
Summer camps are an excellent opportunity for children to socialize with children just like them and grow in self-awareness. Children with specific health needs can benefit tremendously from camps targets specifically for their individual needs.
If you or someone you know has a child with any of the following health challenges, check out these camps to give them knowledge, self-esteem, and (yes) fun!
Kansas City Summer Health Camps for Kids
ADHD Summer Treatment Program
- When: June 6 – July 29, 2016 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Where: Kansas City Christian School, Prairie Village, KS
- Cost: Equivalent of 80 hours of personalized treatment
- Attendees: 6 – 14 years old
- This camp is operated by Children’s Mercy Hospital
Camp ChiMer – For Kids with Kidney Disease
- When: June 5 – 9 2016
- Where: Lake Doniphan, Excelsior Springs, MO
- Cost: Free
- Attendees: 9-17 years old
Camp Joint Adventures – For Kids with Juvenile Arthritis
- When: June 20-23 2016
- Where: Rotary Club Youth Camp, Lee’s Summit, MO
- Cost: $100 per child – Scholarships available
- Attendees: 7-15 years old
Centerview Food Allergy Management – For Kids with Food Allergies of All Kinds
- When: June 24 – 26 2016
- Where: Location To Be Determined
- Cost: To Be Determined
- Attendees: Grades 1 – 6
How do you prioritize camps for your children? Children of all ages will greatly benefit from going to camps with people like themselves – and especially with trained staff who are there to meet their individual needs.
Please pass this important information along to all parents around the KC area!