Make this Easy BBQ Chicken Sheet pan dinner on busy nights when you want a healthy meal without any fuss.
Disclaimer: Any products that I link to on Amazon.com are affiliate links. That means I will earn a small commission if you shop through my link, but at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Oh hello, busyness. I see you. I feel your anxiety. But I won’t cave. Do you feel it too? I’m so thankful for Pinterest. I need easy healthy dinner ideas. There are days when Will and I sit down and just can’t think of what to make for dinner. This BBQ chicken sheet pan dinner recipe is SO easy! In fact, the most difficult part is the veggie prep.
Must-Have Kitchen Products For This Recipe
You might already have all of these things already. If not, I’ll share links so you can buy them. This is what you’ll need before you make this recipe.
It comes out tasting just like it came off the grill. And it only takes one pan. (Oh dishes, my mortal enemy!)
I realize that I’m the only one in the house that eats the zucchini and squash. But the corn on the cob and sausages are a huge hit every time.
What’s In It
All the exact ingredients (and amounts) are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. I won’t list them here, but I do have some tips about what I used.
Use your favorite vegetables! This is a fantastic way to use up all the vegetables that you buy from the Farmer’s Market.
Just look at this rainbow of veggies! It makes me so happy to see them all chopped up. My mouth is already watering just looking at this pic again.
This recipe is healthy because it is packed with fiber and whole foods. If you want even healthier options you can make your own BBQ sauce with the sugar substitute of your choice. This homemade sugar free BBQ sauce recipe is my favorite.
In addition to prepared BBQ sauce, I added a tasty combination of spices – including chipotle pepper. I’ve heard feedback that it ends up being a bit on the salty side. You might try using less chipotle pepper and garlic powder instead of garlic salt.
Types of Meat
I used both chicken breast tenders and smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces. You could also use chicken thigh meat too.
After you chop up the chicken and sausage, put it all on your sheet pan (I call it a cookie sheet) and sprinkle with the seasonings. Use your favorite BBQ sauce on the meats and veggies and just season the chicken with spices.
BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
This comes out of the oven looking A-MAZING!
Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe Updates & Variations
Here are a few ideas you should pay attention to as you make this recipe for yourself and your family.
- If you don’t like a powerful amount of spice, cut the spice mixture down by half. Then, add more after it is all cooked until it is flavored to your liking. The way it is written is quite spicy.
- Separate the meat from the veggies and only pour the BBQ sauce on the meat if you like it that way. Then, you can have roasted veggies with BBQ chicken. My family loves saucy veggies, so try it both ways and see which you like best.
Ready for the recipe? Share this BBQ chicken sheet pan dinner recipe with your friends! Pin it, share it on Facebook. I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours did!
- 1 pound of chicken breast tenders
- 1 pound of smoked sausage, sliced into chunks
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp. chipotle seasoning
- 2 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. of garlic salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- Additional salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray lightly with non-sticking cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the chipotle seasoning, cumin, garlic salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir to combine
- Place chicken and smoked sausage on the baking sheet.
- Add veggies on top of the chicken and sausage mixture.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season evenly the chipotle mixture on top of the veggie chicken mixture.
- Move the chicken sausage and veggie mixture to only cover 3/4 of the way.
- Leave room for the corn.
- Prepare the corn by removing the husk and cutting them in 1/2.
- Season the corn with some of your chipotle mixture and top each cob with 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Wrap each corn in foil
- Arrange corn cobs on the baking sheet along with meat and veggies and bake at 425 degrees.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan and brush chicken and smoked sausage with BBQ sauce.
- Place sheet pan back in the oven and turn broiler to high.
- Broil 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the corn.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 681Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 3214mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 7gSugar: 18gProtein: 28g
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Did you enjoy this sheet pan dinner recipe? It sure does feed a crowd!! Here are some more of my favorite chicken recipes.