Oh hello busyness. I see you. I feel your anxiety. But I won’t cave. Do you feel it too? I’m so thankful for Pinterest. I need easy healthy dinner ideas. There are days when Will and I sit down and just can’t think of what to make for dinner. This BBQ chicken sheet pan dinner recipe is SO easy! In fact, the most difficult part is the veggie prep.
It comes out tasting just like it came off the grill. And it only takes one pan. (Oh dishes, my mortal enemy!)
I realize that I’m the only one in the house that eats the zucchini and squash. But the corn on the cob and sausages are a huge hit every time.
This recipe is healthy because it is packed with fiber and whole foods. If you want even healthier options you can make your own BBQ sauce with the sugar substitute of your choice. This homemade sugar free BBQ sauce recipe is my favorite.
Just look at this rainbow of veggies! It makes me so happy to see them all chopped up. My mouth is already watering just looking at this pic again.
After you chop up the chicken and sausage, put it all on your sheet pan (I call it a cookie sheet) and sprinkle with the seasonings. Use your favorite BBQ sauce on the meats and veggies and just season the chicken with spices.
BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
This comes out of the oven looking A-MAZING!
Ready for the recipe? Share this BBQ chicken sheet pan dinner recipe with your friends! Pin it, share it on Facebook. I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours did!
- 1 pound of chicken breast tenders
- 1 pound of smoked sausage, sliced into chunks
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp. chipotle seasoning
- 2 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. of garlic salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- Additional salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray lightly with non-sticking cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the chipotle seasoning, cumin, garlic salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir to combine
- Place chicken and smoked sausage on the baking sheet.
- Add veggies on top of the chicken and sausage mixture.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season evenly the chipotle mixture on top of the veggie chicken mixture.
- Move the chicken sausage and veggie mixture to only cover 3/4 of the way.
- Leave room for the corn.
- Prepare the corn by removing the husk and cutting them in 1/2.
- Season the corn with some of your chipotle mixture and top each cob with 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Wrap in each corn in foil
- Arrange corn cobs on baking sheet along with meat and veggies and bake at 425 degrees.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan and brush chicken and smoked sausage with BBQ sauce.
- Place sheet pan back in oven and turn broiler to high.
- Broil 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the corn.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.