Welcome to the best pumpkin muffins you will ever make! You’ll find new excuses to eat them.
I’ve never enjoyed a pumpkin muffin quite like these. I think the secret is in the topping. Yes, that crumbly topping with extra icing drizzled on top. That’s the best! When I first made these pumpkin streusel muffins, I had no idea how amazing they were going to taste.
You have GOT to make some too!
Don’t forget to pin this post so you can find it later! You will want to come back and make these again and again.
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Recipe
Fall and pumpkin spice. They go together like winter and sleigh bells…or apple pie and ice cream. It’s just not fall without some pumpkin spice in my life.
I’m a HUGE fan of pumpkin pie. If I could get away with eating it for breakfast every day, I would. But since that isn’t exactly the healthiest thing for me, I don’t.
So I try to find other ways to enjoy the flavors of pumpkin pie. I discovered the joy of using pumpkin pie spice on my whole wheat toast. And of course I make my own dairy-free Pumpkin Spice Lattes at home.
But muffins for breakfast are seriously some of my favorite things! I’ve tried other pumpkin muffins before but they either turned out too dry, or didn’t have enough flavor.
Turns out, the secret to amazing pumpkin muffins is the streusel topping with just a bit of icing drizzled on top!
Pumpkin Muffins With Streusel Toppings Shopping List
Scroll down to see the recipe! But first, here’s what you need from the store to make them for yourself.
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder (premium)
- Pumpkin puree
- Ground clove
- Powdered Sugar
What is in Pumpkin Spice?
Pumpkin spice is made of all the spices used in pumpkin pie. The most common spices include: cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg.
How to Make Pumpkin Muffins with Fresh Pumpkin
To make pumpkin muffins with fresh pumpkin, you just need to make your own pumpkin puree. I really like this tutorial. Then, just put 2 cups of your own fresh puree in the recipe.
Making your own puree is a really great idea if you are carving pumpkins and don’t want all that meat to go to waste.
Are Pumpkin Muffins Healthy?
Yes…ish….if I say they are healthy, am I allowed to eat more of them?
There are good things about these pumpkins. But eat them in moderation.
They are NOT Keto friendly!
There is a lot of sugar and carbs in these muffins. But they also have pumpkin, so there is some added fiber. You can increase the fiber if you use whole wheat flour and oatmeal or even chia seeds.
What To Eat With Pumpkin Muffins
I like eating my pumpkin muffins with a hot cup of coffee or a homemade latte. These also make wonderful gifts!
You can have a pumpkin muffin with any of these brunch dishes:
- Vegetable quiche
- Bacon and cheese frittata
- Sausage Casserole
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Recipe
Are you ready for the recipe? Here it is! You can print it or just pin it to your Pinterest board. If you make them, share them on Instagram and tag #Venture1105 so I can see!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (premium)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter; melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons water (maybe more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place liners in muffin pan.
- In a mixer bowl (or large bowl), add butter and sugar. Cream together then add vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin. Once well mixed together then add in dry ingredients slowly. One the batter is smooth then it's ready.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop in batter into each liner.
- In a small bowl, add in sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter. Toss well with a fork to make the streusel topping.
- Place some of the topping onto each muffin top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Let muffins cool completely. Mix powdered sugar and water in a bowl until you get a nice thick but runny icing. Drizzle the muffin tops by using a spoon to go back and forth over the top.
More Pumpkin Recipes
There are so many more things you can make with pumpkin besides just pumpkin muffins! Here are some of my favorite pumpkin recipes.
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins – These are 21 Day Fix compatible and filled with nutrients.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – These muffins actually have the crunch of pecans too.
- Pumpkin Cookies – With only 5 ingredients, these are incredibly easy to make.
- Pumpkin Loaf – Everything about this pumpkin loaf is beautiful!
- Pumpkin Muffins from Cake Mix – Literally 2 ingredients. Well, 3, if you count the water.
- Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Swirl – This is a perfect breakfast!
- Pumpkin Spice Soup – Gluten free and dairy free. It’s so warm and comforting.
- Pumpkin Bread with Caramel Pecan Glaze – This bread is made from scratch with yeast, so allow for rising time.
- Pumpkin Mocha Iced Coffee – This is a very sweet iced coffee recipe that has oreos in it!