This is how to make a rich and fun strawberry cheesecake! It’s like lazy crepes! This tortilla wrap hack dessert is going to be your fav.
Disclaimer: Any products that I link to on Amazon.com are affiliate links. That means I will earn a small commission if you shop through my link, but at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
A Tortilla Wrap Hack Dessert For Spring
I’m not going to be poetic and waste your time with all the reasons I love this recipe. Scroll on down to the recipe card and tap “print” if you want just the recipe without the extra tips.
I will say one thing though – if you love strawberry desserts, this you have to give this a try!
This is definitely NOT a keto dessert. It is full-on sugar! If you are on the keto diet, check out these easy keto desserts that will keep you within your macros.
What Is The Tortilla Wrap Hack?
Have you heard about the tortilla wrap hack that took over TikTok?
The tortilla wrap hack is a way of filling a round tortilla with up to 4 different fillings and then folding it into a triangle. You can eat it this way or grill it.
Here’s a video of a savory chicken avocado wrap to show you another way to make it with savory ingredients.
Easy Lazy Crepes
Instead of a savory meat-filled wrap, I decided to make a dessert! I made a sweet cheesecake filling and added chopped strawberries.
The result tastes like a crispy strawberry cheesecake, almost like a crepe!
Supplies You Will Need
You don’t need very many supplies to make this! I used my favorite skillet! Here is what I suggest:
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Sturdy Cutting Board
- Paring Knife
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- Silicone Spatula
- Stainless Steel Turner/Spatula
- Wooden Citrus Reamer/Juicer
How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
This is where you can skip down to the recipe card if you just want the recipe. I’m going to share extra tips here. If you make the recipe and have questions I didn’t answer in these tips, please leave them in the comments. Your questions could help others – and I’ll be updating these tips.
For the filling, you will need the following ingredients:
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
Trust me, use fresh and real ingredients. Real vanilla and fresh-squeezed lemon juice taste so much richer than imitation vanilla or jarred lemon juice.
How To Make Fried Strawberry Cheesecake Tortillas
Here’s how to use this hack to make your own! It’s so easy! Grab your kids and make some strawberry desserts together! If you like step-by-step pictures, here are a few that are going to make you drool!
The first step is the mix the vanilla, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice extract. Use an electric mixer or a whisk. The mixer is faster!
Next, cut your tortilla 1/2 of the way up from the bottom. Add the cream cheese mixture to the bottom half and spread the chopped strawberries on the other half.
This is where the magic happens! Take the first 1/4 of the tortilla and fold it up and away from you.
Now, fold the tortilla to your right, covering the strawberries.
Fold the last 1/4 down towards you again. It should look like a triangle, just like in the photo above.
Tell people that they can use griddles or even grills instead of cast-iron skillet.
Finally, melt some butter in a cast iron skillet (or your favorite skillet of any time), and fry both sides of the wrap.
It comes out all melty, hot, gooey, and so sweet!
How To Store The Tortilla Desserts
Since you can literally make just one tortilla wrap at a time, you probably won’t have leftovers. I don’t recommend saving leftovers either. The cream cheese will harden, it just tastes better fresh off the stove.
It’s better to store the cream cheese filling in an airtight container and the chopped strawberries in another one. Then, everything is ready for you to fry up!
Here is the printable recipe card! Please save this recipe to your Dessert Pinterest board, share it on Facebook, or just print it out. Thank you so much for your support!
- 4 Tortillas
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 cups Strawberries, chopped
- ⅓ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and lemon juice to a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix on medium until well combined.
- Make a cut going halfway across the middle of the tortilla.
- Spread a portion of the cream cheese mixture on both quarters of the tortilla next to the cut. Then, spread about ½ cup of the strawberries on the top half of the tortilla, leaving a small space in the middle for the fold.
- Starting at the bottom left quarter of the tortilla (to the left of the cut), fold upwards. Continue making 2 more folds until you are left with a portion that is about ¼ of the tortilla.
- Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter on the top of the wrap. Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and flip the wrap over to repeat for the bottom.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-low. Cook the wraps for one minute per side.
- Allow the wraps to cool and serve with hot fudge or chocolate syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 7g