Follow this recipe and you’ll make the most unforgettable pepperoni grilled cheese in the air fryer. The secret is the garlic butter!
Disclaimer: Any products that I link to on Amazon.com are affiliate links. That means I will earn a small commission if you shop through my link, but at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
The Best Grilled Cheese In Your Air Fryer
I think I just did it! I made the best grilled cheese in my air fryer! The secret is the spices in the butter. Oh, and use the correct bread too. Thicker slices really crisp up better in the air fryer.
The Best Air Fryer
An air fryer is basically a convection oven that sits on your countertop. If you don’t have one, get one! Honestly, it has made my life so much easier!
These are the best ones you can buy. They have the highest ratings and are affordable too!
- Ninja Air Fryer – 4 Quart Capacity
- Philips TurboStar – With Analog Interface
- Ultrean Air Fryer – 4.2 Quart Capacity
What’s in It
All of the exact ingredients are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, I wanted to share some information about the ingredients I used (and any replacements you can make).
This is not affiliated or sponsored with any name brands or companies. I just really love the type of bread I used!
- Bread: Use a type of bread with thick slices. For me, the Sara Lee Artesano bread was perfect.
- Cheese: The best cheese for grilled cheese is either mozzarella or provolone because it melts so beautifully! For some spice, try pepper jack.
- Pepperoni: This is optional, but give it a try! It adds a nice spice to the sandwich.
- Spices: Add some spices to the butter. This gives the sandwich a more savory flavor. I used garlic powder, parsley, and Italian seasoning.
- Pizza Sauce: Use this for dipping the sandwich in the end. It is optional, but oh, so good.
How To Make It
It’s so easy to make grilled cheese in the air fryer! I even have photos of the most important steps in the process.
First, mix the herbs into your butter. You might have to soften the butter first to get it to mix together really well.
Then, add the butter to the outside of your bread. Add the pepperoni and cheese to the bread.
Finally, place up to two sandwiches in the air fryer basket. Bake them at 360 degrees F for about 8 minutes.
Flip the sandwiches over after 4 minutes (halfway through the cooking time).
What To Serve With Grilled Cheese
I love to eat this for lunch – the entire thing takes just 10 minutes! The best thing ever to eat with it is a bowl of soup (especially on chilly days). I love my easy vegetable beef soup.
Add a bacon veggie salad on the side and you have a meal that will fill you up!
Here is the entire recipe in the printable recipe card! Don’t forget to pin this post to your Air Fryer recipes board on Pinterest so you can find it later!
- 4 slices of Sara Lee Artesano bakery bread
- 4 slices of Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- 10 slices of Pepperoni
- 3 Tablespoons of salted butter (at room temperature)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Mix butter, garlic, parsley, and Italian seasoning together until well combined.
- Spread an even layer of seasoned butter on one slice of bread and place buttered side down in the air fryer.
- Lay one piece of cheese on the bread followed by 10-12 slices of pepperoni then top it off with another slice of cheese. Butter another slice of bread and place it on top with the buttered side facing up.
- Repeat until you have all the sandwiches you want to make.
- Place in the air fryer at 360 degrees for 8 minutes.
- About 4 minutes into cooking turn the sandwiches over.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 852mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
More Air Fryer Recipes
Here are more of my favorite air fryer recipes!