Do you ever need a really comforting but healthy soup? I have the perfect one for ya! My Chicken Rice and Quinoa Stew is packed with protein and fiber and all that amazing taste of chicken noodle soup!
Chicken Rice & Quinoa Stew – Comforting & Hearty
With all the scrumptious flavor and comforting qualities of traditional homemade chicken soup without the time intense preparation and gluten-loaded noodles, this quinoa, chicken & rice stew will leave you relaxed and satisfied. Perfect for a cold winter day and when made with homemade bone broth and organ meats, it’s excellent for overcoming the downside of the cold and flu season.
Some special features of this stew include the toasted quinoa and basmati rice, which infuse the entire soup with an irresistible nutty flavor while the hearty addition of celery and carrots creates of colorful splash of vitamins K & A. This is a wonderfully balanced dish with plenty of protein, complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber to make a complete meal.
Are you ready for the recipe? You are going to love my chicken rice and quinoa stew! Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it later!
- 6-8 cups of homemade broth
- 1/2 cup dry toasted quinoa, with 1 cup cooking water (link to Toasted Quinoa recipe)
- 1 cup dry basmati rice, with 1.25 cups cooking water
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken pieces
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 5-6 medium organic carrots, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain quinoa, then toast it in a heavy saucepan, stirring frequently until it browns and releases a nutty aroma.
- Prepare rice and quinoa on the stove as directed on package or using separate rice cookers.
- Place the onion, celery, carrots broth in a stockpot and boil 15 to 25 minutes, depending on your preference for how well done you want the vegetables. If you’re not able to use homemade broth, add ½ teaspoon each of ground sage and garlic powder for additional flavor.
- Turn the burner down very low and stir in chicken and cooked grains. Season to taste with salt and pepper.