Who else loves grilling? It doesn’t matter when, it is ALWAYS grilling season! Well Rachel whipped some amazing burgers and is going to share the recipe with you. You will LOVE this Double BBQ Cheeseburger – I promise!
Thankfully, I have Rachel. She is a culinary genius. She can look at a few ingredients in the fridge and put together a dinner party. So when I accepted a challenge from KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, I handed it directly over to Rachel. The challenge: create something amazing with 5 ingredients or less – one of them being their sauce.
And here is what she made – try not to salivate over your phone or keyboard.
Behold, the 5 ingredient, Double BBQ Cheeseburger!
5 Ingredient Double BBQ Cheeseburger Recipe
Keep in mind, the toppings don’t really count as “ingredients.” Pile this sucker full of your favorites – bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, avocado even! The burger itself is only 5 ingredients and as you bite into it, you will not believe the flavors! Even better, it pairs perfectly with simple summer sides such as grilled potatoes and fresh fruit. Let this phenomenal burger take center stage at your cookout and serve fresh fruit and veggies on the side – easy peasy!
- 1 pound locally raised ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup uncooked quick oatmeal
- 1 pound fried bacon
- Place the raw ground beef into a mixing bowl and separate with a fork.
- Add BBQ sauce of your choice with either sea salt, pepper and/or garlic powder
- Mix with a fork until you get an even and smooth consistency.
- Stir in shredded cheese and uncooked quick oatmeal.
- Form into palm-sized patties.
- Grill on medium low about 5-10 minutes on each side.
- While grilling, fry bacon, cutting the slices to fit on the bun.
- Build your burgers with a locally baked bun, crisp bacon and top with your choice of avocado, tomato or mayo.