I want to thank Pentel for sending me their pens so I can make my own DIY Thank You Cards. All opinions are 100% my own.
When you want to send a card that has all your heart put into paper, the best way is to make your own cards. I’m a huge fan of DIY Thank You Cards and I have some tips for how to make your handmade cards POP!
I don’t do very many crafts. Every single craft or DIY project I do has to be able to be finished the day I start it. I lose interest way too easily. That is why I love buying blank note cards and decorating them with gel pens. So easy, but also so meaningful.
DIY Thank You Cards & Notes: A Meaningful Gesture
There is just something so much more heartfelt about a card you make versus one that is mass produced in the store. And DIY Thank you cards don’t have to take much time either. They can be as intricate or simple as you make them.
Easy DIY Thank You Cards Tutorials
Where do you find inspiration for your homemade cards? I will look all over Pinterest and Google until I find a design I can do easily. For my cards, I just doodled and put words in my own personal handwriting.
But if you want some more ideas, I found a handful of bright and beautiful (and thankfully easy) tutorials:
- Design Sponge – Watercolor Thank You Cards
- The Made House – Fingerprint Monster Thank You Cards
- Just Measuring Up – Four Simple Cards Even Kids Can Make
Who To Give Handmade Cards To
I think it is important to teach the value of appreciating people, and I try to pass this on to my kids. Thank you cards can be given to teachers, anyone that gives you gifts at a party, and even just as a thoughtful way to show love to friends and family members.
Easy Craft For Kids
Making DIY thank you cards are so simple, that you can make it an activity you do with your kids. In fact, making homemade birthday cards is a wonderful way to share a thoughtful “I love you” to family members.
Best Pens For DIY Cards: Pentel POP
Pentel just released a new line of gel pens for art projects like DIY Thank You Cards, and they are fantastic! The Pentel POP Collection is vivid, rights smooth, and has the most envious colors ever!
Where To Buy Pentel POP Pens
The best place to buy Pentel POP pens for your next DIY project is Amazon. They are Amazon Prime-eligible and you can purchase either one collection or even all 3 as a gift. I am a HUGE fan of just getting all 3 collections.
Pentel POP – 3 Amazing Collections
Want to know what the collections are? Here is more information about them.
- Add a unique “Pop” of shimmering color to your writing world
- New innovative, reflective and sparkling iridescent ink is ultra-glittery
- Ink looks like a different color when writing on black or white paper (2 colors in 1)
- Perfect for cards, drawings, doodles and other designs
- Add a “Pop” of pizzazz to any page with milky pastel ink colors
- Vivid pastel colored ink contrasts well with dark colored paper to make your writing and artwork stand out
- Perfect for invitations, greeting cards, drawing and more
- Add a “Pop” of bright neon color to your life
- Unique ink glows bright under a blacklight
- Vibrant fluorescent neon ink colors give your writing and artwork extra visual attention
My Favorite Pentel POP Pens Collection
Hands-down, my favorite pens from this line is the Sparkle POP pens. I love the glitter and shine in the bright ink. The Solar POP is really fantastic on darker papers, and I don’t use darker paper very often. But they are so fun!
What To Include in A Homemade Card
When you make a DIY Thank You Card, don’t forget to include a few of these things so your card stands out!
Find a quote that reminds you of that person or says what is on your heart. Decorate that quote with doodles or designs and make it stand out.
Share a funny memory or why you appreciate this person. This is where the personalization really comes in!
How You Feel
If you are simply saying “thank you” for a gift, then tell them how you plan to use it or why you appreciate the gift. Adding a few thoughts straight from your heart will impress the receiver and communicate how much they mean to you.
More Easy DIY Crafts
Want more DIY crafts? Here are some of my favorites!