You’ll never go back to boring zucchini again! These zucchini fries are so easy to make thanks to the air fryer – and they come out super crispy.
A Healthier Way to Eat Fries
You know those times when you really want some crispy french fries? But you are being good….you want to eat your veggies…but you really want some fries dang it.
These zucchini fries are your answer! At least they were mine. They are super crispy, even the kids will eat them up.
How did I get them to crisp up? I coated them in flour, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese. Honestly, the parmesan cheese made all the difference. They are incredible!
How to Make Zucchini Fries in the Air Fryer
Have you ever made homemade chicken nuggets? You are doing basically the same thing here. You’ll dredge the zucchini sticks in egg whites. Then dip them in the flour/bread crumbs mixture.
Read the complete recipe in the printable recipe card at the bottom. And don’t forget to pint this post so you can find it again!
This is what you will need from the store before you make the recipe.
- Zucchinis (obviously)
- Panko-style breadcrumbs
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil of choice
Keto Dipping Sauce for Zucchini Fries
I love making my own sauces. I am able to get them just right. I used a recipe from Peace Love and Low Carb for Keto Ranch dressing. You have to try it! It is so good. It has mayo, mustard and a bunch of spices that all comes out purely perfect.
Best Zucchini Fries EVER
Here’s the printable recipe card! If you make these, tag #Venture1105Food so I can see it! Happy cooking!
- 2 large zucchini, cut into fries
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Panko-style breadcrumbs
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Additional spices, as desired
- 1 Tablespoon oil of choice
- Cut up the zucchini and let set on a baking pan as you assemble the remaining ingredients and set up the air fryer. This will allow them to dry slightly.
- Place two egg whites in one shallow bowl, set aside.
- In a second shallow bowl, combine the flour, breadcrumbs, and seasonings.
- Dredge the zucchini fries one at a time through the egge whites, and then through the breadcrumb mixture, then set in your Air Fryer tray. You can double coat if you wish.
- Add the oil to the Air Fryer depository and turn on.
- Exact cooking times will vary by Air Fryer but ours took 12 minutes, turning once at the halfway mark.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 211mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 5g
More Vegetable Recipes
Here are some more of my favorite vegetable recipes that you should try next: