Hi everyone! Time for the 7th installment of the “How do you say that” VLOG hop! I have some fun words and questions below, spread the word (RT?) and let’s have fun hearing how we say things!
If you tweet, hit the RT button here and use the hashtag #dialectvlog. Thanks so much!
How it works:
You read the list of words and answer the list of questions on a vlog. Then, you upload the video to your blog and link up here so we can all go and see how we say things the same or different! It is amazing how many different ways there are to say something and really fun to hear the different accents (or lack of accents) from different places.
I’d love to hear from England, Canada and other countries! Let’s get the Dialect hop global!
Kitchen, disoriented, Height, Colorado, Prescott, Halloween, Cinnamon, Sometimes, account, gosh, Monday
1. Fill in the blank: I walked ______ the street. (Across or Acrossed?)
2. What is a word to describe how you feel when your kids just won’t listen to you? (Flustrated? Frustrated)
3. Do you have words you say that replace expletives?
4. What is another way of saying “It doesn’t matter”? (Makes no difference)
5. What do you call the item of clothing you wear underneath your clothes?
6. What do you call the piece of clothing you wear on your legs?
7. What do you enjoy on your hotdog?
8. Thank you Robyn’s Online World for this one: Fill in the blank: I was standing _______ waiting for my turn on the roller coaster.
9. What do you call when you sit on the floor with your legs tucked under each other?
10. What is a common way to say “sit and rest” or “take a break”? (pop a squat? sit a spell?)
I have a button if you want to grab it 🙂