There’s never been a more luxurious way to feel great and lose weight. The first thing I love about this body butter is that it is super moisturizing, which I can really use this time of year! The second thing I love is that it is completely all natural and only puts good things in and on you, avoiding chemicals and such you don’t need circulating in your system.
A Word on Self-Kindness
I strongly encourage saying kind things to yourself and nice things about your body when you’re applying this wonderful treat. I think the more we accept ourselves and the less shame or embarrassment we feel over our bodies, the better we feel about ourselves and the better we take care of ourselves. Grapefruit essential oil encourages true respect, appreciation for and positive attitude towards your physical body. It’s counter intuitive, but embracing your body can actually help you lose weight!
If saying nice things about your body doesn’t come naturally, check out this amazing list of 101 Positive Body Affirmations. I can’t wait to try some of these myself!
Beyond a Butter – It’s a Body Wrap Too!
Beyond a daily application, this body butter can also be used in a body wrap to melt away even more inches – make sure you measure before and after so you can really be amazed!
Simply smooth a generous layer on any “trouble area” and wrap with an old t-shirt or muslin and then wrap again with saran wrap. Leave the wrap on for at least an hour, or preferably over night. This is a great way to jumpstart weight loss or as a “quick fix” before a big event.
What’s in this Secret Body Sauce?
This blend contains grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, cinnamon and ginger essential oils.
Other oils that assist your body in detoxifying are clove, rosemary, geranium and grapefruit.
Your skin is the largest organ in your body and absorbs anything you put on it! Therefore, make sure you are using only the highest quality essential oils! To find out more about completely pure oils that are 100% free of solvents, chemicals and additives, contact me and I would love to hook you up!
Both of these oil blends can be applied topically without the body butter, or with a squirt of jojoba oil to help spread them around, but I prefer to have them ready to go in this luxurious body butter base.
There you have it. I created this heavenly gift for myself when I heard what these oils could do for me and I have been so happy with the results. If you like body butters but don’t need the slimming effects, you can check out another one of my amazing recipes here.
Much love to you all & Happy oiling!! xoxo, Rachel
- 2/3 cup unrefined shea butter
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons almond or jojoba oil
- 30 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops ginger essential oil
- 5 drops clove essential oil
- 15 drops rosemary essential oil
- 15 drops geranium essential oil
- 10 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Measure out shea butter and coconut oil (which will be solid at a room temperatures below 76 degrees) and melt in a glass measuring up by placing the measuring up in a shallow bowl of boiling water. Stir frequently until there are no lumps left. Refresh the hot water if needed until fully melted.
- Stir in the almond or jojoba oil and let the mixture cool for 15-20 minutes, then stir in the essential oils.
- Place in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes until the body butter starts to solidify but not completely harden. Look for a consistency similar to soft wax or room temperature butter.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and whip until soft and fluffy.
- Spoon the slimming body butter into a clean glass jar and smooth over skin at the beginning or end of the day or layer under muslin and saran wrap for an overnight body wrap treatment.
- To learn about the most amazing, high-quality essential oils, be sure to contact me and I'll hook you up!
- If the mixture won’t whip or stay whipped, you need to chill it longer.
- If the mixture has lumps in it after you’ve whipped it, let it set to soften a bit and then try again.
- Store in a cool area and if your home gets above 75°F regularly, you may want to keep it in the refrigerator.
- The body butter is designed to melt into your skin as it goes on. It will be a little oily at first but it absorbs quickly and leaves your skin very soft. It is perfect to apply after a shower, letting it soak into your skin before you get dressed.