What is it about a flaky cupcake, melting in your mouth? The instant the sugar hits my brain, I hit nirvana. And I’m all about the frosting. In fact, the frosting can make or brake the cupcake.
These cupcakes have bacon inside of them. You fry the bacon before you start then fold the chopped up bacon into the batter. And it has maple syrup in the batter too. So this cupcake has all the ingredients of your favorite breakfast. With frosting on top.
Bacon lovers – ENJOY!
For the Batter
- 5 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings (solid)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup of cooked minced bacon
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons of butter
For the Cupcakes
- Cook bacon in a fry pan
- Reserve the drippings and place in the fridge to solidify.
- Chop up 1/4 a cup of the bacon.
- Beat the butter and solidified bacon fat until light and creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat well until combined.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and powder together.
- Add some of the flour and mix, then some of the milk.
- Continue to alternate the dry and wet ingredients, ending with the dry.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the bacon.
- Taste and add more maple syrup, flour, or milk if needed for desired taste.
- Scoop into cupcake papers.
- Bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes for even baking.
For the Frosting
- Beat the syrup and butter until combined.
- Add the sugar, a bit at a time.
- Whip at high speeds until combined.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 9g
More Cupcake Recipes
In the mood to make some more? Here are more cupcake recipes you can make next: