When you don’t know what to make for dinner, make this honey balsamic goulash. It is tangy, sweet, and unforgettable.
Goulash – An Easy Dinner
I love goulash! It is such a versatile and easy dish to make. My other name for it is, “throw stuff in a pot” meal. This is such a quick and easy dinner idea.
How To Make Honey Balsamic Goulash
Making goulash is one of the easiest things to master. It’s basically putting a bunch of ingredients together. If you can make chili, you can make goulash.
I started out with noodles and ground beef. Then, I decided to throw in some tomatoes, garlic, and onions.
Then, I added my favorite spices. I am a huge fan of vinegars and honey together. It tastes so tangy and lip-smackingly delicious.
Finally, I thought it needed a little kick, so I threw in some paprika and hot sauce.
This is what you’ll need to have when you make your own goulash.
- Ground beef
- Balsamic Vinegar
- White wine vinegar
- Chopped tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Tobasco sauce
The fun thing about goulash is that you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand.
Other Goulash Ideas
There are so many ways to make goulash. Here are just a few alternatives you can try.
- Add Corn – Or incorporate other veggies like peas and green beans.
- Italian Seasoning – Basil, Oregano, and Thyme are classic in pasta dishes like this one.
- Other sauces – Some people add a splash of soy sauce. I’ve seen some recipes with worcestershire sauce.
- Pasta sauce – Instead of tomatoes and tomato paste, you can just use a jar of pasta sauce.
Add Bacon To Your Goulash
So why didn’t I put bacon in my goulash? Everything tastes better with bacon. And you know what? This would have. But I didn’t have bacon on hand, so this will be a bacon-less recipe. But if you make it, definitely try to add some bacon.
Honey Balsamic Goulash Recipe
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped Onions
- 2 T chopped Garlic
- 1/8 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 T Paprika
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 box whole wheat rotini pasta
- 4 drops of Tobasco sauce (to taste)
- Brown the ground beef with the garlic, onions, white wine vinegar, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Boil the noodles, drain, return to pot
- Add ground beef mixture to noodles.
- Warm on medium low with the rest of the ingredients - honey, balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, tomato paste, beans and tobasco sauce.
- Add cheese on top right before you eat!
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 398mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 21g
More Easy Family Dinner Ideas
Do you need some more easy family dinner ideas? Try one of these: