If you are looking for a car seat that fits a newborn until a kindergartener and beyond – and truly fits – then the Maxi-Cosi is perfect for you.
It has a unique – and super safe – newborn insert. This insert eliminates the need for purchasing car seat gear that was not crash tested with the seat.
Here is a 4 month old baby in the Best high chairs with the infant insert. Note – this is just to show size, the car seat is sitting outside of a car.
As you can see she fits perfectly in there! This insert fits babies up to 22 pounds. My children were super chunky babies and didn’t hit 22 pounds until 10 months old or so. Then you can take the insert out and the baby can safely sit rear facing until 40 pounds and front facing 5 pt harnessed until 70 pounds!
Hear are the features of the seat!
1. The 5pt harness. The button is not easy for a child to unbuckle by his/herself.
2. The easy red button that moves the head rest up and down.
3. The entire side of the seat is full of easy-to-understand instructions. You will not have to worry about where you put the manual!
4. This is how you unthread the harness to change the strap height. This is my least favorite feature since threading and rethreading is very time consuming.
5. A close up of the entire seat. My friend described it as “a luxury recliner for babies.”
6. More instructions like on #3.
7. – What the rear anchor looks like and where it is stored.
8. How the infant insert comes out. It is simple and just pulls right out!
9 & 10 – What the left and right anchors look like and where they are stored. I love these kinds of anchors – they have a button so you can easily attach and remove them!
Other notes on the safety features: It has air protect technology that protects the head and the torso. Babies are nestled in an extremely cozy car seat cushion of safety and protection!
I received this seat to review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.