I have virtually no time for anything anymore. Now that Lizzie is in school all day and then has ballet directly afterwards, my time is way more pinched. Can you relate? I know it will just get worse as my children get older and involved in more activities.
I am already a huge fan of Arm & Hammer baking soda. I found some beauty uses for baking soda. Well now I am going to share the way it can save you time.
I found a super helpful video with time-saving tips from Katie Brown. Katie Brown Back to School tips – watch that video if you have time, I totally suggest it! I will be sharing a few of her tips as well as some others my friends and family shared. Please share your ideas with me in the comments too! There is no such thing as too many time-saving tips!
- Soak any stain in Oxiclean for as long as it takes and it will get clean. I’ve soaked things in Oxyclean for days and it always works. – Andrea from Great Thoughts
- Sprinkle Arm & Hammer baking soda in your skillet, cover the bottom with water and heat it on low. This will remove caked-on food super-easily with no scrubbing! – me
- I put baking soda sprinkled on the carpet to help with pet odors. It helps save how often I do my Steam cleaning. – Elizabeth from EdVacation
- My uncle is a plumber. Once a week, i put baking soda in my sinks, add white vinegar, let it bubble and work, then flush with hot water. Helps keeps the drains de-gunked. – Lisa from A Daily Pinch.
- Put an opened box of Arm & Hammer baking soda in the fridge. This cuts down on odors and minimizes how often you have to scrub it out. – me
- Throw a capful of Oxiclean in the washing machine with your cloth diapers. This cuts down on odors and saves you from having to strip as often. – me
- You can make shampoo and conditioner out of baking soda, saving you time from running to the store if you run out! – Amanda Our Heart and Home
- I can’t live with out baking soda for any wet spills on furniture. It pulls the moisture and odor out! – Jill from my Facebook page
- Nothing better for cleaning a cutting board than dipping half a lemon in kosher salt and baking soda and scrubbing it clean!- Jessica from Peek-a-baby NY
- Before you go to bed, throw your stained laundry in the washer with a big scoop of OxiClean and enough water to cover the clothing, let it agitate for a minute and then stop the washer. Let it soak overnight and then in the morning turn your washer back on and continue the wash cycle. No standing there scrubbing spots out and no bleached out clothing!- Tamara from Southern Yankee Mix
I was provided with Oxiclean and baking soda to help me find ways to use it. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own.