A treat. Sitting down in the silence after a long, exhausting day and enjoying the sweet morsels. There isn’t much that compares to it.
These blondies make me happy. They are moist, perfectly sweet, and cheerfully colorful! They have a slight cake-like texture yet eat like a blondie. As I was creating this recipe, I knew I wanted to use Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened milk to save on calories – and I did! I saved 35 calories by making that easy switch. Then I also increased the health-factor by replacing oil with applesauce and used honey instead of sugar.
The result is blissfully amazing!
The entire nutrition facts is at the end of the recipe.
2 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c applesauce
3/4 c. honey
3/4 c. Silk Pure Almond Milk Unsweetened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the applesauce, honey, egg, Almond Milk and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 8×8 dish, filling only 1/4 full (there is enough batter to fill 2 dishes)
- Pour 1/4 cup sprinkles into each cake
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, until edges are golden.
Let sit and cool, enjoy!
You can view some seriously mouthwatering recipes on the Silk US Facebook page – they have 30 new recipes!
I was compensated for this post by Silk Pure Almond through FitFluential. All recipe ideas, photography, and opinions expressed are my own.