Are you looking for some inexpensive St. Patrick’s Day décor? Forget the retail stores. With just a quick trip to your local dollar store, you can craft your own for just pennies! Take a peek below at this sweet and simple Luck o’ the Irish candle holder, an easy and inexpensive piece you can make for your own home or to even give as a gift. Full of cheery green and sparkle, it is sure to bring you some St. Paddy’s Day luck! Take a look!
Glass candle holder
Peel and stick letters
Green stone filler
Battery operated votive
Hot glue, glue gun
As mentioned, we were able to find all of our supplies at our local dollar store. Look in your store’s crafting and holiday themed aisles for everything you need. You can always do your own variation of this craft as well, so if your dollar store carries items that slightly differ from what you see here, feel free to get creative!
- Begin by cutting a thick strip of green glitter foam. Ours is about 2.5 inches wide. Wrap the foam around your candle holder and secure it to the glass with glue.
- Next, cut a length of black ribbon and wrap it around the candle holder tightly. Secure it with glue, pulling tightly as you do so it does not droop.
- Using a second piece of crafting foam, cut out a small square. We scalloped the edges of our square to make it fancy, but you can opt for plain if you wish. Adhere the square to the front of the candleholder, sticking it directly over the black ribbon.
- Peel and stick your letters to the square, spelling out a word of your choice. For us, “LUCK” fit perfectly!
- Finish the candleholder by filling it with green glass vase fillers. Nestle your battery operated votive inside the filler and you are all set to display!
This luck o’ the Irish candle holder is so easy and budget friendly to make, yet the finished product looks dazzling! Gather your supplies and try crafting your own today, because everyone can use a little luck of the Irish!