This post is partnership with One to One Network. All opinions (and tears) are my own.
Hands-down, no jokes, This is US is my favorite show on TV right now. The season 2 premier of This is US will air Tuesday, September 26th at 9/8c on NBC. I have my tissues ready, waiting eagerly to find out HOW DID JACK DIE?
Have you seen it? If not, (and I mean it) go binge season 1 right now. (It’s on Hulu). Maybe not all at once though, unless you have a ton of free time and own stock in Kleenex. This show not only has heart, it grips at your deepest emotions. The characters are all so relatable and the struggles so vulnerably real. Loving through the brokenness is a pervasive theme throughout every single show.
Also? I wish I had a twin. And Many Moore’s amazing hair.
If you are a total fan of the show like I am, tell me – who is your favorite character? Mine is Rebecca Pearson (Many Moore). I find myself relating to her in almost every single episode. Finally, a show where the mom isn’t always perfect or right! She made a huge mistake with Randall, but in the end, he forgave her.
Moms, I feel like we are all going to mess up our kids in some way. The most important thing is that they know they are loved and that it is ok to screw up and forgive.
No one is perfect. Everyone breaks down. And when we break down, we need someone to just hold us, and just be present with us in the middle of the disaster. This show and the phenomenal actors communicate the reality of brokenness with such reality, I ugly cry. Every time. But it’s the good kind of sobbing – like a cathartic letting go of all the times I’ve felt those exact emotions.
Guess what?!?! You can relive the beauty and emotions of This is US by listening to the album being released September 15th from UMe.
Forgetful like me? Pre-Order it!
I got a sneak peak of the album, and it felt like I was reliving the feelings of the show. Happy, wistful, loving, longing…all there in one fantastic package!
This Is Us (Music from the Series) Song Listing
- Death With Dignity – Sufjan Stevens
- You Can Call Me Al – Paul Simon
- Willin’ – Mandy Moore – Song on YouTube here
- Can’t Find My Way Home – Blind Faith
- Uptight (Everything’s Alright) – Stevie Wonder
- The Calvary Cross – Richard Thompson & Linda Thompson
- Watch Me – Labi Siffre
- The Wind – Cat Stevens
- Come Talk To Me – Goldspot
- Blues Run The Game – Jackson C. Frank
- If Only – Maria Taylor (featuring Conor Oberst)
- Northern Sky – Nick Drake
- If I Ever Was A Child – Wilco
- Because Of You – Gene Clark
- Evergreen Cassette (Tape Mix) – Goldspot
- Without You – Badfinger
- The World’s Smiling Now – Jim James
- Photograph – Ringo Starr
- We Can Always Come Back To This – Brian Tyree Henry
- This Is Us Score Suite – Siddhartha Khosla
Don’t wait for September 26th – get this album now! Your heart will thank you!
Facebook Listening Party for This is US Music
Join fans like me for a LIVE Facebook listening party the day the album is released! We can all laugh and cry and reminisce together, it will be fun!
Facebook Listening Party on release date Sept. 15 at 10am PT/1pm ET – Join us HERE!