Fulfill that sweet tooth without going out of ketosis. These ice cream cups are a sweet snacker’s dream come true.
A Keto-Friendly Snack
Trying to loose weight while on keto is tough. Really tough. I have to basically change how I eat. And I am eating meals that are different from my family. But feeling like my best self is worth it.
There are a few things I’ll never give up: chocolate and ice cream.
I’ll make them fit in my keto life somehow.
Turns out, these only have 3 net carbs per serving. That’s not bad for something that feels like a total cheat!
My Favorite Keto-Friendly Chocolate Chips
What makes these little snacks so good is the rich chocolatey flavor. So the chocolate chips are essential. But don’t just use any chocolate chips, since lots of conventional brands are high in sugar.
These are my favorite keto-friendly chocolate chips:
There are only a few things you need to make them:
- Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Keto-Friendly chocolate chips
- Heavy Whipping Cream
That’s it! You will also need a 12-cup muffin tin and some nonstick spray.
How long do they last in the freezer?
Not long with me eating them! But seriously, if you don’t eat them up super quick, they will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Make Ice Cream Bites
Here are some step by step pictures to help you make some of these for yourself. They are so simple that you won’t have any trouble at all.
1.) Gather the Ingredients
I always get everything together first because it makes the entire process a lot faster.
2.) Mix heavy whipping cream and pudding packet
Yup! Easy as that, just mix them up so they make a thick mixture.
3.) Add the chocolate chips
I’m always snacking on chocolate chips. So this part takes some self control!
4.) Fill the muffin tin and freeze them
First, remember to spray the muffin tins with nonstick spray before you put in the mixture. Then, fill them about halfway. Freeze them for a few hours.
Don’t they look scrumptious?!?!
Store them in an airtight container in the freezer for treats anytime the craving strikes.
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream Snack Recipe
Here is the recipe on a printable card. If you make some, let me know, I want to see! Tag your pictures on Instagram with #Venture1105Food.
- 1 Box Sugar free chocolate pudding mix
- 2 c. Heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ c. Sugar free chocolate chips
- Grease the inside of your muffin tin. This will help the ice cream bites come out of the tin easily once they have frozen.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix and the heavy whipping cream. Beat the mixture on high for several minutes until it become smooth and quite thick.
- Add the keto friendly chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- Use a heaping tablespoon of the mixture to fill each muffin tin section about half of the way full. Smooth out the mixture with your fingers or a spatula until relatively smooth.
- Place the bites into the freezer to set. Remove them from the tin, and store in an airtight container in your freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
More Keto Recipes
Here are some more of my favorite Keto recipes that I’ve published: