Oh fall…the perfect time for all things pumpkin! Add this Sweet Pumpkin bread recipe to your list of things to bake!
Fall Baking – Sweet Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Fall…when the weather is finally cooling down. The sweaters and boots become the norm. And it’s finally cool enough outside to warrant using the oven all day! I adore baking in the fall, don’t you?
What are you favorite flavors? I might be basic, but I just adore baking with pumpkin! And this sweet pumpkin bread recipe is pure perfection.
I made it in a round cake pan because with the caramel pecan glaze, you can eat it like a cake. It’s so sweet. It goes perfect with a strong cup of coffee during brunch.
Do you enjoy baking from scratch? I know I do! I love controlling all the ingredients and knowing exactly what it is in my cake.
Pumpkin Bread Shopping List
Are you ready to bake it? Before you do, this is what you need from the store:
- 1 package of Yeast
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Coconut Oil
- Pecan halves
- Brown Sugar
- Light Corn Syrup
Yes, that is quite the list! Keep all of it on hand, because there are so many other fall baking ideas you can make with it.
You will enjoy this sweet bread far beyond “pumpkin season.” Bake it in a circular pan and treat your family to a royal dessert. Or bake it in a loaf pan to elevate your dinner bread to a higher level. It has a stunning presentation and a taste that makes you want to lick up every crumb.
- 2 2⁄3 - 3 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package yeast (2 1⁄4 teaspoons)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or substitute with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1⁄4 teaspoon cloves, 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash cloves
- Combine all dough ingredients in a large bowl.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until no longer sticky.
- Place in well-oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in warm place (over 85 degrees but not above 110 degrees) until light and doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray 9 inch cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Evenly distribute pecans in the bottom of the pan. (This will end up being flipped over for
- serving so make sure that the pecans are arranged the way you’ll want to see them upside down. I put the pretty side down.)
- Mix brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon, and cloves until combined. Sprinkle sugar
- mixture by spoonfuls over pecans.
- Uncover dough.
- Roll dough into two or three long “ropes.”
- Place in the pan in a spiral arrangement.
- Begin in the middle and wrap tightly around fitting the rope around itself closely. It won’t hurt anything at all if there is up to an inch around the outside. The caramel will cook in the pan and run down the edges when it’s served.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool in pan 1 minute; invert onto serving plate.
- Serve warm.
More Fall Recipes
Let’s keep the baking going! Here are some other pumpkin and fall treats that you will enjoy making!
From left to right: