This is a kid-friendly dessert you can make in just a few minutes – and no baking required! Get this no-bake chocolate eclair cake recipe!
Easy No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
Whether you have kids that are begging for a new snack or you are just craving something different, this recipe will hit the spot! In fact, it’s so easy that you can even let your kids help you make it.
A Childhood Favorite
I remember eating something just like this when I was younger! I bet you will too. It’s made with pudding, graham crackers, and chocolate. This is definitely not healthy and something you indulge in once in awhile. You’ll love it!
No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake Ingredients
As always, the entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of my post. Here is what you’ll need from the store before you begin.
- 2 packages vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tub frozen whipped topping
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Confectioner’s Sugar
Step-By-Step Photos and Tips
This recipe is so easy, here are some pictures of each step. I’m a visual learner and love photos that show each step of the process. I hope this helps you too.
Step 1: Graham Cracker Layer
The very first step is to lay out the graham crackers in the bottom of the dish just like it is pictured. This is the crust part of your cake.
Step 2: Make the Pudding Layer
Next, combine the pudding mix with some milk and the frozen whipped topping. This is going to be the pudding layer.
Step 3: Start Layering The Cake
You’ll make as many layers as you want (or as many as your ingredients will make). On top of the graham crackers, spread out the pudding mixture. Then, top with more graham crackers.
The graham crackers will be the final layer.
Step 4: Melt the Chocolate Topping
Now it’s time to make the topping! Use a microwave-safe cup or bowl and warm up milk in it for about 30 seconds. Then, pour it over the chocolate chips and mix it together until the chocolate chips melt, just like in the photo above.
Step 5: Pour Chocolate On The Cake
This is the final layer on your cake! Now it’s time to let it chill. It’s best to let it sit in the refrigerator (covered) at least overnight before slicing into it. This way, the pudding will soak into the graham crackers and soften them.
Ways To Customize This Cake
There are lots of different flavors and things you can do to change how this tastes, without altering the flavor of it in the end!
Try some of these ideas:
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
- Melt dark chocolate chips for the topping
- Use chocolate pudding
- Use chocolate graham crackers
Have fun with it!
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cup confectioners sugar
- Place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes. Fold in
frozen whipped topping until completely mixed.
- Spoon half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers and spread into an even
layer. Cover the pudding with a layer of graham crackers and top with the remaining pudding in another layer. Top with additional graham crackers to create the final layer.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- In a microwave-safe cup, heat milk in a microwave until warm, about 30 seconds. Pour the milk over chocolate chips and allow to rest until the chocolate has melted. Stir until well incorporated.
- Using a mixer, beat in the butter. When well mixed, add the confectioner's
sugar and whip until completely incorporated. Continue to mix for an additional 2 to 3
minutes or until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- Spread the topping over the final layer of graham crackers.
- Cover the dessert and refrigerate overnight before serving to allow the crackers to
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
More Easy Dessert Recipes
If you enjoyed this no-bake dessert recipe, you will love these recipes next!